Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sometimes if you give that much you have to settle it down and let the field go fallow for one year, like the farmers do!


Meryl Streep (82nd Annual Academy Awards)
nominated for Best Actress for Julie & Julia
wearing Chris March

Veteran actress Meryl Streep may be on top as far as her career is concerned but she admits that not every film done by her is good.

The 60-year-old star, who has won two Academy Awards and is nominated for another this year, is pleased with the way her career has panned out, even though she isn't a fan of all her work, Contactmusic reported.

"I feel very privileged, very lucky and very happy, though I don't think that every film I've ever done is brilliant. I'm not a producer, I just take interesting things that have come along," Streep said.

The American actress also insists she wanted to take a hiatus after filming her last movie 'It's Complicated' alongside Alec Baldwin.

"Since finishing my last film I feel the need to stop for a moment and breathe, because I've worked so very hard in the last two and a half years. I'd usually make one film a year, maybe two, then two years would go by with no films and now I've just made seven back to back," Streep said.

"Sometimes if you give that much you have to settle it down and let the field go fallow for one year, like the farmers do," she added.

No comments: